The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from 25th May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The law brings a 21st century approach to data protection. It expands the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed, and places a range of new obligations on organisations and business’ to be more accountable for data protection.
1.Information Configurate Collect
You must provide Configurate with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the package/software you’re requesting when you engage Configurate’s services
2.Why Configurate Need Your Information and How it is Used
Configurate rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide Configurate services, such as when Configurate use your information to fulfil your Configurate package request, respond to enquiries, providing quotes, supply your images, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3.Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about Configurate’s customers is important to our business. Configurate will share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. Configurate engages certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our products, such as online selling platforms and image providers; Blender Market, FlippedNormals, Gumroad, Society 6, Wix & delivery companies. Configurate will share your personal information with these third parties if required, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If Configurate sell or merge our business, Configurate may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. Configurate may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Configurate generally keep your data for the following time period: 7 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Configurate describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information Configurate hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict Configurate’s use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (for example, where Configurate are required to store data for legal reasons) Configurate will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to Configurate processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests. In such cases, Configurate will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about Configurate’s use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you do not wish your data to be held by Configurate please contact us using the details below.
6. How to Contact Configurate
For purposes of EU data protection law, Configurate; Mark Kingsnorth and Christine Kingsnorth, are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Configurate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail us at: Configurate, 5 Church Mews, Oak Row, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire, WR8 OLZ.